What we stand for
Shelter believes everyone should have a home. Our work won’t stop until there’s a home for everyone.
To help more people in housing need than ever before.
We will do this by:
- supporting more families
- increasing the capacity of our website and helpline
- creating new integrated advice and support hubs in areas where there is the most need
- putting our housing crisis back on the national agenda
- investing in Shelter’s people and infrastructure
- focusing on our outcomes.
Shelter is a lifeline for anyone who is homeless or suffering in bad housing. If you’re faced with losing your home, we’ll do everything we can to help you keep a secure roof over your head.
Home is a basic human need. In our affluent nation, everyone should have a home, and Shelter is challenging the people in power to make that vision a reality, through tenacious lobbying, persuasive research and policy reports, and high-profile public campaigns.
Shelter strives to get the most out of every penny it spends. We’re proud to join forces with like-minded organisations, to share our ideas, and develop creative ways of tackling housing need.