Make your wedding, birthday or anniversary extra special by giving to Shelter. The money you donate will help people struggling with bad housing and homelessness. We have lots of things to help make this easy for you – from wedding favour cards, to posters and collection boxes.
Celebrate with Shelter
Suzanne and David Wallis raised money as part of their wedding celebrations…
‘We were lucky enough to have bought a house together before we got married. So instead of asking our wedding guests for gifts that we didn't really need, we wanted to give the gift of a secure home to someone who really needed it. Our guests thought it was a wonderful idea.’
Our top tips
- Set up an online fundraising page, where your guests can donate to Shelter instead of buying you a gift. Don’t forget to set a target and tell people why you’re supporting us. Add some photos to your page too!
- Post your fundraising page on social media, and ask your friends and family to share it.
- Print our thank you poster to put up at your event, so your guests can see how their donations will make a difference.
- Order collection boxes from our Events team to put out on the day.
- If you're asking for a donation instead of having wedding favours or gift bags, print our wedding favour cards for your guests. You can also order pin badges (recommended donation £2 each) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
Thanks so much for choosing to make us part of your celebration! We’re here to help, so if you have any questions or would like us to send you anything for your special day, please do get in touch.