Fundraising at university
Got questions about an event or want to talk to someone? Get in touch:
0344 515 2130
Every year, students across the UK raise money so Shelter can help people facing exactly the same issues they’re facing – from dodgy landlords to sky-high rents and lost deposits. Will you join them?
Whether you’re taking your first steps out as a fresher or are in your final year, you can get your uni involved. From the RAG society to your housemates, everything you do helps in the fight against bad housing and homelessness.
We’ve put together everything you need to know to help you put the fun in your fundraising and make the most of it:
Download our RAG fundraising guide
Now you’ve finally got a reason to be up till dawn guilt free – why not host a quiz, watch films or put on a mini-festival? For one night only, get your RAG society together and pull an all-nighter for Shelter!
However you do it, you’ll be helping some of the most vulnerable people in the UK get a good night’s sleep.
Here’s everything you need to know to set up your event:
Organising your event
- Shelter All-nighter: how to guide
- Case study and factsheet
- Press release
- Shelter All-nighter poster (A4)
- Shelter All-nighter poster (A3)
- Shelter All-nighter flyer
- Student registration form
- Sponsorship form
- Organising your event safely
Choose quiz questions
Fancy raiding a street near you as part of RAG week? Or how about a collection at your local supermarket or shopping centre? Or a theatre, train station or your university campus?
If you’ve got a big idea and the gusto to pull it off, we can arrange a permit for your collection.
Fancy making it even bigger and better? Why not do a hula-hoop raid?! That’s right – get even more attention (and bigger donations!) by teaming up in pairs and collecting in one hoop!
Get in touch to discuss your plans and we’ll sort the collection permit and extra resources for you.
Are you up to the H is for Home challenge? Put on six themed events this year to raise as much as you possibly can to fight bad housing and homelessness, while also spreading the word about our work.
Big, small, wacky or weird – the choice is yours! Here are some of our faves:
- Hairless – sponsored hair removal
- Headphone disco
- How…? – quiz night
- Hats – fancy dress event
- High-flyer – take our skydive challenge
- Hose for Shelter – car wash
- Hip hop karaoke
- Hungry hippos – eating contest
- Hideout – team-based treasure hunt
- Hush – sponsored silence or a silent auction
- Handbag swap – accessories exchange night
- House of cards – poker night
- Hilarious heckling – comedy night
- Hazard – obstacle course challenge events
- Hippy – 60s and 70s fancy dress night
- Hopper – race on a space hopper!
- Hum that tune – music quiz
- Hypnosis – hypnotherapy night
- Halloween party
- Hollywood – movie night
Tell us your event plans and we’ll send you masks and t-shirts to make your own Shelter student hero costume!
There are loads more ways you and your uni can get involved and get fundraising for Shelter.
Anything and everything you do will make a difference, but if you want to go that extra mile in the mission to end bad housing and homelessness, we’d love it if you made us your charity of the year or nominated charity for RAG week.
In return for your dedication, motivation and fundraising creativity we’ll give you:
- loads of university fundraising ideas
- fundraising resources for your events
- expert, peronalised advice on your fundraising, whenever you need it
- the opportunity to visit services or projects to see how the money you've raised at university could be used.