Terms and conditions
The Shelter Great Home Debate 2016 prize draw
1. (The Shelter Great Home Debate 2016 Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who provide their email address and phone number after completing the Great Home Debate.
2. Employees or agencies of Shelter ("We") its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the Great Home Debate 2016 and submit your email address and phone number. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at email@example.com with "Great Home Debate 2016 Prize Draw" in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6. Shelter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by Shelter.
7. The opening date is 9am on 18 March. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59pm on 30 September 2016. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
8. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 1 October 2016.
9. There will be ten prizes of £100 Amazon vouchers. This means ten people will each win one £100 Amazon voucher. This prize is being donated by British Gas. No cash alternative available.
10. Shelter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes and not specifically included in the prize.
11. The winner will be notified by phone within five days of the deadline (30 September 2016) and must provide an email address and phone number to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Shelter within 14 days of being notified by Shelter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Shelter shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Shelter shall be entitled to select another winner.
12. The prize will be sent to the winner by post.
13. The name and country of the winner can be obtained after 31 October 2016 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Shelter, 88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU.
14. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. Shelter retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
16. The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winners shall participate in such activity on Shelter’s reasonable request. The winners consent to the use by Shelter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winners' voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Shelter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
18. Shelter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Shelter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Shelter for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. Shelter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Shelter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Shelter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. Promoter: Shelter, 88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU