Response - Housing Corporation: Regulatory Code Guidance
By: Jim Bennett Published: October 2001
Shelter responded in October 2001 to the Housing Corporation's consultation paper on the Regulatory Code: Guidance.
- Response - Housing Corporation: Regulatory Code Guidance (PDF 174.6 KB)
Shelter key recommendations to strengthen the Housing Corporation's regulatory role were that:
- All lettings policies should have regard to the reasonable preference categories in the Homelessness Bill.
- Housing associations should be required to record and report their possession activity.
- Housing associations should be required to consult their board before using mandatory grounds for possession or the assured shorthold ground.
- The Guidance on co-operating with local authorities on homelessness should be amended to better reflect the provisions of the Homelessness Bill.
- The Guidance on temporary accommodation should not focus on the use of permanent lettings as temporary accommodation.
- The Guidance on setting criteria for accepting nominees should be strengthened to better reflect the allocations provisions of the Homelessness Bill.