We offer a wide range of housing law, homelessness and benefits advice training courses at our central London, Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield and York venues.
Please note: this page only lists one-off events.
To view our full offering of courses and seminars click here.
- Price: £160+VAT
This conference will consider the practical and legal implications for the sector with lead speakers involved in reviewing the key changes of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
Attend to hear panel debates on how the legislation aims to find a lasting solution to stop people from becoming homeless in the first place. The panel will also discuss new data collection responsibilities for local authorities to provide better prevention and homelessness statistics in order to accurately represent underlying causes and repeat homelessness.
Workshops will provide practical insights and good practice on advice, Personal Housing Plans and recommendations from Shelter’s services on achieving early prevention and preparing for implementation.
View the full programme online here.
'Implementing the Prevention Approach' will explore the following key issues:
- What is emerging from the consultation on the Code of Guidance
- The importance of timely advice and assistance and achieving accurate advice to effectively prevent homelessness
- The DCLG’s new data monitoring requirements - what other monitoring solutions are needed
- How is shared accommodation being used by local authorities and what is the impact on families
- Evaluating frontline services to ensure help focusses on what matters to clients.
There will be two keynote panel sessions, plus a choice of morning and afternoon workshops.