Negotiation Skills for Debt Collection
Course available: in-house only (on a date and location of your choice)
Duration: 1 day
Participants will explore and develop effective negotiation skills when dealing with debt collection, and to examine how we can influence others in positive ways.
- Telephone collection:
- - Call preparation
- Resolving problems and overcoming objections
- Format for a successful collection call
- Resolving difficult and challenging situations
- - Dealing with stressful calls and interviews
- Maintaining assertive behaviour
- Handling conflict and diffusing anger
- Negotiation skills
- - Understanding the process of negotiation
- Researching workable solutions
- Closing the call or interview
- - Recording the call or interview
- Follow up action.
Housing officers dealing with income and arrears; housing support workers; and new advisers who are expected to advise clients and debt problems.
Please note this course does not cover legalities and legislation around debt.