Universal Credit and Benefit Reform
Radical changes to the benefits system are happening over the next few years. The biggest is the introduction of Universal Credit from October 2013.
This integrated benefit aims to simplify the system and replace many of the current benefits and tax credits with one, single payment.
Significant changes have already been made to housing benefit, tax credits, and Employment and Support Allowance. Disability Living Allowance has been restructured and replaced with the Personal Independence Payment.
Universal Credit and Benefit Reform seminar
Our seminar ‘Universal Credit and Benefit Reform’ looks in detail at the changes, their implementation and the impact they will have.
Over the past 18 months almost 1,500 professionals have attended this seminar. The cost is just £99 per delegate and we have a range of dates available.
If you wish to focus purely on Universal Credit, we now offer a full day programme on just that aspect of the reforms.
Other £99 seminars on specific aspects of the reforms:
- Arrears Management: The Impact of Universal Credit and Welfare Reform
- Employment and Support Allowance Seminar (in-house only at present)
- Personal Independence Payment seminar
- Universal Credit and Benefit Reform for Students
- Welfare Reform: Implications for Clients and Handling Advice
Other benefits courses
We have a full range of courses covering all elements of the benefit system and changes. Over 1,500 delegates have attended these courses in the last two years.
Our full range of benefit and financial management courses:
- Budgeting and Managing Money Workshops for Residents (from £15 per person)
- Debt Advice: An Introduction
- Debt Collection: Negotiation Skills
- Domestic Violence and Welfare Benefits
- Financial Capability for Residents
- Housing Benefit: Introductory
- Housing Benefit: Intermediate
- Housing Benefit: Update
- Housing Benefit for Prisoners
- Mental Health and Benefits
- Mortgage Advice: The Prevention of Homelessness
- Universal Credit: Effects on rent arrears policy and residents
- Welfare Benefits: Introductory
- Welfare Benefits: Update
- Welfare Benefits for People Aged 60 plus
- Welfare Benefits for Young People
Training for groups of staff
We can provide any of our seminars and courses for in-house delivery. In-house training can be delivered to groups of six or more staff at a time and location of your choice. Maximum numbers are 25 delegates for seminar sessions and 16 for courses; both are charged at just £990. To discuss this option please call
0344 515 1161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.