Research Assistant Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to engage with migrants living in Dorset to learn and log their experiences of private rented accommodation.
15 hours per week for 6 months. We can be flexible with hours and days.
31 October 2017
Shelter has teamed up with local charity, Dorset Race Equality Council, to find out more about the experiences of migrants living in the private rented sector. As a volunteer, you will support us by making calls to clients and asking them a series of questions about their experience of living in private rented accommodation.
Please download a role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.