Great North Run 2017
Volunteer with Shelter at the Great North Run 2017!
7 September 2017
Event: Great North Run
Date: Sunday 10th September 2017
We have two roles available on the day:
Side Line support
- Location: Mile 8 Cheering point (NE32 3RJ)
- Nearest Station: Bede Metro Station (yellow line)
- Times: 10am – 2pm
Side line support at the Great North Run is vital in providing moral support to the runners aswell as boosting the recognition of the Charity to make sure people know who we are and how we can help. On the day you’ll receive a free Shelter T-shirt to help you stand out from the crowd (and you may even spot a few famous faces as a number of celebrities are running this year.)
Finish Line meet and greet
- Location: Great North Run charity village, South Shields (NE33 3NQ)
- Nearest Metro Station: South Shields (yellow line) or Chichester (yellow line)
- Times: 11am – 3pm
You’ll help set up our charity stand and greet runners as they arrive, your role will vary between helping with the massage logistics, and being a Shelter runner guide. It’s an important role and very hands on, giving you the opportunity to chat to the runners and really get stuck in behind the scenes of a world class event.
If you’re interested, or want some more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.