Vertical Rush 2018
Shelter’s Vertical Rush is back and with it we are looking for enthusiastic, passionate volunteers with a can-do attitude who are interested in working behind the scenes at an award winning, charity event.
A 4 - 5 hour shift
8 March 2018
Vertical Rush is the original tower running challenge, and will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. We are looking to see 1000 participants taking on Tower 42 and its gruelling 932 steps to raise money to help families in Britain facing bad housing and homelessness.
Events like this simply can’t happen without the dedication and support of on the day volunteers.
When: Thursday 15th March 2018
Location: Tower 42, 25 Old Broad St, London, EC2N 1HN
Shift 1: 07.30 – 12.30
Shift 2: 12.30 – 17.00
Shift 3: 17.00 – to close (approx.. 9pm)
What will you be doing?
We have plenty of exciting roles to fill throughout the day including:
- Floor marshals
- Finish Team
- Participant guide
- Goody Bag -with many more crucial roles to be added!
Roles will be allocated at random and all volunteers will receive a unique Vertical Rush volunteer uniform to wear on the day. But we will do our best to keep groups together.
If you are interested and want to get involved, just drop an email to Rebecca in our Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.