Volunteer at the Big Half
The Big Half is a brand new London Event which will demonstrate how sport and community can get together to inspire social change.
9.30am - 1pm
1 March 2018
We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our events team on the day, to help create an inspirational buzz on the side line and provide much needed moral support to our own fantastic team of runners; who are raising money to help families in Britain facing bad housing and homelessness.
You’ll act as a Shelter ambassador for the day, supporting our runners and our mission; that no one should have to face homelessness alone. You’ll receive a free Shelter T-shirt to wear which will help boost the recognition of the Charity and help make sure people know who we are and how we can help.
Our participants always say how fantastic is it to have a cheer point on the day and volunteers always comment on the ‘wonderful community spirit’ they experience.
If you’re lucky you might also catch a glimpse of Mo Farah racing past as he takes on this exciting new event.
Interested? Contact Beth Cox on firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or request more information.
Event: The Big Half
Date: Sunday 4th March 2018
Time: 9.30am – 1pm
Location: outside Bermondsey Station, Jamaica Road. SE16. (Map to be provided)
Nearest Tube Stations: Bermondsey, Jubilee Line
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.