Resource Centre Support Assistant Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to providing help and guidance to clients by helping them to access information and help through computers, phones and resources.
Half day per week minimum suggested for around 6 months
31 August 2017
As a Volunteer, you will be an invaluable part of our team as we strive to provide the people of Crawley with free, expert housing advice from trained advisers on a wide range of housing issues including homelessness, housing applications and housing benefit.
Please download the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.