Resource Centre Support Volunteer (Motiv8 Project)
We're looking for volunteers to provide help and guidance to clients accessing the Motiv8 service across Greater Manchester.
One day per week minimum suggested for around 6 months
30 June 2017
As an IRC Volunteer, you will be an invaluable part of our team acting as a point of support and guidance for clients who need help accessing a range of online services and completing forms associated with their housing and/or benefits.
We have a number of roles around Greater Manchester available: Bury, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford *Please indicate preferred location in your application.
Please download the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.