Volunteer Resettlement Advisor
We are looking for a volunteer to assist the Community Integration team to support / advise clients who have accommodation, finance, benefit and debt needs.
Lancashire & Cumbria
One day per week suggested for a minimum of 6 months, but this is flexible
31 December 2017
Through The Gate is a service that focuses on providing specialist housing, finance and debt interventions and offering intensive support over the periods of time where risk of reoffending is at its highest.
Please download a role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.