Volunteer Resettlement Mentor
We are looking for volunteers to assist the Community Integration and Mentoring team to support and advise clients with accommodation, finance, benefit and debt needs.
3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
21 March 2018
We’d like you to meet a mentee on a weekly basis, supporting them to access housing, benefits, health and similar services. This involves listening to problems, making plans and providing encouragement & guidance to achieve their goals.
Please download the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.