We are looking for volunteers to support the operation of Shelter's Through the Gate Services by offering practical and emotional support to offenders upon release from custody and in the community
One day a week (office hours) for a minimum of six months (flexible)
4 July 2018
Transforming Rehabilitation is a service that focuses on providing specialist housing, finance and debt interventions and offering intensive support over the periods of time where risk of offending is at its highest.
We are looking to recruit volunteers across a number of areas, including Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside, Sunderland and Gateshead
Please click here to download a Role Profile for this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.