Shelter Birmingham - Newtown
How we can help
We offer a wide range of help and advice on all housing and homelessness issues. We have a team of advisers who may be able to help you with your problem – and if we can’t help, we work with other agencies who can.
We offer advice and support to people who have been to see Birmingham City Council about their homelessness and need assistance to find supported shared house or hostel accommodation.
- homelessness, or worried you'll soon become homeless
- looking for accommodation
- having problems with your landlord
Even if your problem isn't listed above we may still be able to help - just give us a call to discuss.
We also offer some specialist projects:
- securing same-day accommodation for single, homeless people, through our work with private landlords and housing providers
- we have a specific service for single people and childless couples, giving advice on housing options and homelessness. This usually includes individuals who are homeless on the day.
If you think that one of our specialist services may be able to help you, give us a call to discuss in more detail – or drop in and we can check if you are eligible.
Arrange a face to face session
If you need to speak to someone about your situation, you can pop in and you will have an initial chat with one of our team to see how we can best help you.
We are often very busy and so we may not be able to deal with your query straightaway, but if we need to ask you to come back, we will do our best to make sure you get some initial information.
We're located in Newton Shopping Centre, with the following buses stopping nearby: 33, 51, 886, 907A, 52, 52A, 7 and 8C.
Areas that we cover
- wheelchair access
- adapted toilets
- access to interpreters via phone
If you’re in urgent need
We can give emergency advice during opening hours.
If you’re struggling with any other problem, other services and organisations might be able to help.