This page is targeted at housing professionals. Our main site is at

Complaints about social housing providers

This content applies to England

How to complain about a social housing provider.

The Regulator of Social Housing requires all registered providers of social housing, including local authorities and private social landlords, to have a clear and accessible complaints procedure in place under the 'tenant involvement and empowerment standard' (see the Regulation of social housing providers section for more information about the standards and how to complain about a social housing provider).

The information on this page applies only to England. Go to Shelter Cymru for information relating to Wales.

Back to top