This page is targeted at housing professionals. Our main site is at

Changing possession orders

This content applies to England

This section looks at ways in which a possession orders can be challenged, altered or discharged by the courts.

Appealing against a possession order

Right of appeal against a possession order. 

Setting aside a possession order

An application can be made to set aside a possession order by a tenant (or mortgagor or leaseholder or licensee). 

Varying or postponing a possession order

The courts powers to vary, postpone, or suspend an order for possession. 

Discharging a possession order

The circumstances under which a court can discharge an order for possession order. 

Back to top