This page is targeted at housing professionals. Our main site is at

Sharing living area with landlord

This content applies to England

The status of a tenant who shares living accommodation with the landlord.

If the tenant shares essential living accommodation with the landlord s/he will have a restricted contract. In this context essential living accommodation includes living rooms and kitchen, but not a bathroom and WC.

Back to top