Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions set out the terms in which the organiser ("you") will hold your own Sleep Walk ("event") in aid of Shelter ("Shelter", "we" or "us"). The main purpose of your event is to raise funds and awareness of homelessness and bad housing in aid of Shelter (Shelter is a registered Charity number: 263710 (England and Wales), SC002327 (Scotland).
Organising your walk
- You confirm that you are 18 years of age or older.
- You agree that you will obtain written consent from a parent or guardian for any participants under the age of 18.
You agree to refer to your event as "in support of Sleep Walk" and agree that on any materials associated with your event you will:
- a. use Shelter’s "in aid of" logo; and
- b. include the words "In support of Sleep Walk, an initiative of Shelter, registered charity 263710 (England and Wales), SC002327 (Scotland)".
In return for adhering to these terms and conditions, Shelter will provide you with (and you agree to act in accordance with the guidance provided under the same):
- a. support from Shelter’s Sleep Walk team and local fundraising team;
- b. online resources to advise on planning your own walk including amendable templates; and
- c. materials for on the day of your event.
- You agree to use any materials supplied to you by Shelter for the purpose of running your event only in connection with such event and for the benefit of Shelter. You agree not to use such materials to carry out fundraising activities for any individual or organisation other than Shelter.
- You agree to only use the Sleep Walk and Shelter’s names and logos for your event and as outlined in our guidance notes online. You may not make changes to Sleep Walk or Shelter’s names, logos or materials or use any other names or logos in connection with your event.
- You agree to stop using Sleep Walk and Shelter’s names, logos and materials immediately after your event, or if we ask you to do so at any time, and return all such materials to us (or destroy them if we ask you to).
- If requested by us, you agree to immediately stop fundraising for us.
- You agree that your event adheres to all applicable laws and regulations, including relevant health and safety standards and to obtain all necessary licenses or permissions needed for your event.
- You will be responsible for all costs and expenses relating to your event.
- You agree that all funds raised (both offline donations and money raised on the day) shall be paid to Shelter as quickly as possible after your event and in any case by no later than 6 weeks after the date of your event. You agree to make the payment as per the guidance given by Shelter’s event team.
Liability and Insurance
- You agree that Shelter is not responsible for supervising your event, and that your event and participation in it are at the organisers’ and participants’ own risk. Shelter, its employees and its agents, do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or for any death or personal injury as result of your event.
- Shelter does not give any warranty or accept any liability regarding any of the advice or assistance we provide to you.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude Shelter’s liability in respect of death or personal injury sustained as a direct result of the negligence, breach of statutory duty or fraudulent misrepresentation of Shelter, its employees or agents or any deliberate act or omission of Shelter, its employees or agents.
- You confirm that you have and will keep in place your own Public Liability Insurance from a reputable insurer which is adequate for your event.
- You shall indemnify us in respect of any and all costs, claims, loss or liability incurred by us as a result of your event or any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Shelter is a registered charity in England and Wales (263710) and Scotland (SC002327). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (1038133). Registered office: 88 Old Street, London EC1V 9HU.