Urban Rush essential event information
- A warm top to wear pre and post-race, plus any snacks, water, gels or accessories you use.
- One standard sized rucksack to be transported to the finish in Edinburgh City Centre.
- Each runner is permitted to bring 1x standard size, 30 litre rucksack to leave at the baggage drop. Space is limited and additional baggage will not be transported.
- Please note that for security reasons, bags may be searched.
- All belongings are left at your own risk - please do not bring any valuables with you.
- All baggage will be driven to the finish area in Edinburgh for you to collect after the event – the baggage transfer will depart for Edinburgh at 10:20am.
- Urban Rush 2018 will start from the Honey Pot Creative Café, 1 Longcraig Road, South Queensferry, EH30 9TD.
The start location is a 8-minute walk from Dalmeny station which has a train leaving Edinburgh (Waverley) at 9:15am which takes 19 minutes.
The number 43 bus takes 40 minutes and departs every half past the hour from St Andrews Square (you will need to get off at the Dalmeny Station stop which is an 8 minute walk from the start).
- Please note, there is free of charge parking available at Dalmeny Station which is an 8 minute walk away.
- The start area is open from 9:30am with the warm up beginning at 10.15am and the event beginning at 10:30am.
- Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before the run starts, otherwise you may not be able to take part.
- There will be hot and cold drinks and light refreshments available, as well as toilet facilities
There will be a live MC, music, and a warm up session before the run. Friends and family are welcome to join you at the start area.
- Pick up your Urban Rush technical t-shirt – it must be worn as top layer for Health and Safety reasons.
- Pick up your registration pack which contains your running number, timing chip and safety pins.
- Complete the medical information on the reverse of your running number before you set off. This is very important, in case of emergency.
- Pin your runner number to front of your t-shirt.
- Your race number will contain a tear off tab with the same number as displayed on your race number, this is for you to attach to your bag before loading onto the baggage van.
- Check out a detailed route map on the Urban Rush webpage. https://www.strava.com/routes/14366755 – please note the route is subject to minor changes.
- There will be four water stops along the route, approximately every three miles.
- The route will be fully waymarked, with mile markers clearly signposted and route marshals.
- If you feel unwell during the event, please do not continue. There will be marshals and first aid personnel at designated points to assist anyone who needs to stop.
- If you see others on the course struggling or injured, please report this to the next course marshal or event first aider along the route.
- There are toilets at the start and finish, and public toilets along the route (Marine Drive, Forthquarter Park, FerryRoad Path and Princes Street).
- We strongly discourage the use of headphones while taking part in the event. As this is not a closed road event there will be other road users along the route and runners need to be mindful of this and remain aware at all times. We cannot be responsible for accidents which occur where the runner is wearing headphones.
- Please note, Urban Rush is not a closed road event, so you must remain vigilant and abide by The Highway Code at all times.
- The course has quite a few crossings where runners must stop until it is safe to cross following the Highway Code.
- Please be aware of pedestrians and cyclists along the course and remember you do not have right of way.
- We want you all to have a fun and safe event. If you notice anything suspicious, please report it immediately to one of our marshals.
- Friends and family are very welcome to cheer you on at any point along the route.
- We would encourage them to come along to the water stop along Silverknowes Esplanade (on the coastline), Marine Drive, EH4 5ES where we’ll have t-shirts and cheering materials for them. There is a car park on Marine Drive, and toilets and refreshments are available from the Boardwalk Beach Club.
- The finish line and event village is in the car park at the foot of Holyrood Park, Queens Drive, EH8 8AZ.
- You will be rewarded with: a medal, goody bag, finishers photo and sports massage.
- The event village will have food and drink options to enjoy with your friends and family after the race.
Urban Rush is a fundraising event for Shelter Scotland. By signing up, you have committed to raising £229 (or £799 for a team of four) in sponsorship for Shelter. It is crucial that everyone taking part raises the minimum sponsorship pledge so we can provide you with a high quality event, while raising money for our services, supporting people facing homelessness and bad housing.