Front of House Volunteer - Birmingham
Being the first point of contact for clients and visitors, assisting the administration team with reception duties, and supporting the operation of the Shelter office in their day to day business.
A minimum of one day per week for a period of six months, but this can be flexible
7 September 2018
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Cover reception duties and be the first point of contact for the hub
- Book in clients for interviews with our advisers and general diary management
- Respond to general enquiries, in person and over the phone
- Signpost people to other services if we are unable to help
- General basic admin (photocopying, scanning, creating client files and filing)
- Assisting clients with completing initial forms
- Obtaining additional evidence from clients at request of Team Leader/Solicitor
- Setting up training rooms for training courses/meetings
- Assisting with the facilitation of client interviews
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Experience of working with the public
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PDF documents to a good standard
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity, confidentiality & data protection
Please download the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.