Great North Run 2018 - Shelter
By joining Shelter’s volunteer team as a Race Day Supporter, you will help to raise money for those facing bad housing and homelessness by supporting our team of 100 runners.
10am - 3pm on Sunday 9th September (Hours flexible)
9 September 2018
Side Line supporter
- Location: Mile 8 Cheering point (Hadrian Road, NE32 3RJ)
- Nearest Station: Bede Metro Station (yellow line)
- Times: 10am – 3pm
Event: Great North Run
Date: Sunday 9th September 2018
Side line support at the Great North Run is vital in providing moral support to the runners to help get them to the finish line and raise as much money as they can for Shelter! Volunteering at RideLondon means that you'll get the chance to be an ambassador for Shelter, your presence will be vital in boosting the recognition of the charity to make sure people know who we are and how we can help. On the day you’ll receive a free Shelter T-shirt to help you stand out from the crowd (and you may even spot a few famous faces as several celebrities are running this year)
For more information about volunteering at this event, please see the role profile.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.