Administrative Support Assistant - London Hub
Assisting one of the Hub Administrators with the day to day support of the Advice, Support and Guidance workers.
One day per week minimum suggested for around 6 months, but this is flexible
13 August 2018
Main Tasks can include:
- Photocopying of information such as leaflets and client files
- Filing of information and cases
- Scanning documents
- Preparing case packs
- Updating local information files
- Inputting information on to our Case Management Systems
Skills and Abilities Required
- Interest in the work of Shelter and in supporting people
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- Confident using computer programs such as Word and Excel to a good standard
- The ability to work as part of a team and value others
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health and safety, equality and diversity and confidentiality
For more information about this opportunity, please see the role profile.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.