Administrative Support Volunteer - Campaigns
Assisting the Campaigns team by supporting them in various administrative tasks. This role will offer the opportunity to gain experience in campaigning and housing policy in a busy office environment.
Initially for 2-3 days over the course of 2 weeks, with the possibility of extending this to once a week over an extended period of time.
20 July 2018
Location: Shelter 88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU
Main tasks can include:
- Transcribing audio into text
- Typing up petition signatures into a spreadsheet
- Ad-hoc research assignments on other campaigning organisations
As this role may require you to handle sensitive information, we are obliged to carry out a basic DBS check.
Please download the role profile for more information about this role.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.