DIY and Decorating Taskforce Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to assist our DIY Skills Advisor - attending clients' homes, giving them the knowledge to improve the décor of their homes.
One day per week minimum suggested for around 6 months, but this is flexible
27 July 2018
Alongside the DIYSA, the main tasks you could be asked to assist with are:
- General assistance
- Supporting clients to purchase goods for DIY in their home (shopping)
- Minor repairs
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Practical DIY skills and/or interest in gardening and outside maintenance
- An interest in working with people and in social welfare law e.g. housing; welfare benefits; debt; community care, employment issues and supporting people
- An ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- Confident using computers and programs such as word and the Internet to a good standard
- Effective communication skills and ability to understand the needs of our clients
- A willingness and ability to follow Shelter's policies
Please download the role profile for more information about this role.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.