HR Office Administrator
We are looking for an enthusiastic person, to assist our HR Operations with a variety of key administrative tasks
2 - 3 days per week suggested during summer months (flexible)
31 July 2018
As a volunteer in the HR Operations team you will help provide key administrative support ensuring that the HR database and electronic files are accurately stored (maintaining confidentiality at all times) at the same time gain a valuable and varied insight into a fast paced HR team in one of the leading homelessness charities.
Main Tasks to include:
- General office administration including; processing eye care vouchers, processing invoices, booking travel & accommodation and maintaining the references logs
- Updating SharePoint and the HR database
- Supporting Payroll, Recruitment and HR activity
- Answering telephone & email queries
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills and the ability to understand the needs of our clients
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- The ability to work as part of a team and value others
- Interest in the work of Shelter and in supporting people
- A willingness and ability to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health and safety, equality and diversity and confidentiality
2 positions available.
Please download the role profile for more information about this role.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.