We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals and groups to join the Shelter Events team to provide much needed side line support to over 100 Shelter riders on the day.
11am - 3pm (approximately)
28 July 2018
This summer, London's roads will once again be filled with the sound of pedals turning and spokes whirring, as thousands of cyclists take on the iconic 100 mile RideLondon challenge.
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals and groups to join the Shelter Events team to provide much needed side line support to over 100 Shelter riders on the day. Come be an ambassador for Shelter and provide moral support to the participents, helping them to hit their fundraising targets so that we can continue to help the millions of people who come to us each year struggling with bad housing and homelessness.
Event: Prudential RideLondon 2018
Date: Sunday 29th July
Location: Putney Bridge - SW6 3JD
Nearest Tube: Putney Bridge (District Line)
Please download the role profile for more information about this position
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.