Service User Involvement (SUI) Support Volunteer - London
To support the operation of your local Shelter Office in their day to day to day business, taking part in duties that relate to our work supporting clients and service user involvement.
One day per week minimum suggested for minimum of 6 months, but this is flexible
17 August 2018
- Support staff to organise and run service user meetings
- Attend regular relevant meetings such as SUI Team Meetings
- Maintain our existing Service User database
- Help organise other Service User Involvement activities and events
- Contact our service users with ad-hoc opportunities to be involved
Skills and Experiences Required
- Interest and or experience in the work of Shelter and in supporting people
- Understanding or experience of working with families in crisis
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- Effective communication skills and the ability to understand the needs of our service users
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity & confidentiality and conflict of interest
Please see the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.