Triage Support Volunteer - London Hub
Assisting service users and the duty worker and supporting the operation of our Hackney Shelter Office in their day to day to day business.
One day per week minimum suggested for around 6 months, but this is flexible
13 August 2018
Main Tasks can include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Booking in clients for interviews with our advisers
- Giving out information and leaflets
- Signposting people to other services if we are unable to help
- Researching housing issues
- General basic admin, such as photocopying, scanning, creating client files and filing
- Initial assessments of Shelter clients during Bristol’s drop in advice service
Skills and Abilities required:
- Experience of working with the public
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- Using computer programs such as Word and Excel to a good standard
- Effective communication skills and the ability to understand the needs of our customers
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health and safety, equality and diversity and confidentiality
Please see the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.