Triage Support Volunteer - Slough
Providing help and guidance to clients face to face and on the telephone and supporting the operation of the Slough Shelter office in its day to day business
One full day or two half days per week for a minimum 6 months
15 November 2018
Main Tasks can include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Initial assessments of Shelter clients
- Booking in clients for interviews with our advisors
- Giving out information and leaflets
- Signposting people to other services if we are unable to help
- Researching housing issues
- General basic admin, such as photocopying, scanning, creating client files and filing
Skills and Experiences Required:
- An ability to use Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PDF documents to a good standard
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of social media
- A self-starter
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity, confidentiality & data protection
For more information about this opportunity, please see the role profile.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.