Urban Rush London - 2018
We are looking for enthusiastic, hands on race makers to help make the event run smoothly and make it a day to remember for our amazing runners.
Three hour shifts between 7.30am and 2pm
6 October 2018
Urban Rush is a unique new London event created by Shelter, 2018 will be its third year, and will see 750 runners take on 15 miles across London, starting in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and finishing in Putney to raise £200,000 to help families in Britain facing bad housing and homelessness.
Taking place Sunday 7th October, come be part of Shelter's team and make this race amazing.
What will you be doing?
We will have plenty of roles to fill across Manchester for those who want to be part of this exciting event. You’ll be positioned in a set zone with a Shelter Team leader on hand and receive a full brief beforehand, along with a contact number for the day. Some of the roles available are:
- Start Marshals
- Event Stewards
- Water Marshals
- Side-line Supporters
- Medal Givers
Please download the role profile or more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.