Community Organiser Volunteer
An integral part of Shelter’s field team, responsible for building the breadth and depth of our base and power in Greater Manchester.
3-4 hours per week. Flexible.
23 July 2018
What will you be doing:
Reporting to Shelter’s Community Organiser, the volunteer organisers will be an integral part of Shelter’s field team and responsible for building the breadth and depth of our base and power in Greater Manchester.
The organisers will support local leaders to plan activities that include actions and events, campaigns and issues, community building, meetings with elected officials, and building relationships with local partners. This will all be organised in conjunction with relevant grassroots partners and Shelter’s campaigns team.
We are looking for someone who is:
- excellent at building relationships with leaders and organisational partners within and outside of Shelter
- driven by a desire to build local and national political power
- highly motivated and goal oriented
- able to work both independently and as part of a team
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.