Service User Involvement (SUI) Support Volunteer
Assisting with the planning and promotion of involvement activities, to ensure that service users can feedback on the service received and input into the design and delivery of future campaigns and services within the Hub.
Half / One day per week minimum suggested for minimum of 6 months, but this is flexible
27 July 2018
As a member of the Manchester Team you will provide invaluable support, helping to ensure that service users have opportunities to get involved in a range of activities and at a level that suits them.
Main Tasks Can Include:
- Supporting staff to organise and run service user meetings, activities and events
- Assisting staff to run face to face and survey consultations
- Contacting service users to discuss involvement in activities and events and supporting them to input into the design and delivery of services and campaigns
- Contacting service users to obtain feedback on the service they have used
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Interest and or experience in the work of Shelter and in supporting people
- Understanding or experience of working with people in crisis
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- Effective communication skills and the ability to understand the needs of our service users
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity & confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Ability to use computers and programs such as Word and Excel would be desirable
Please download the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.