Volunteer Resettlement Mentor - Lancashire & Cumbria
We are looking for volunteers to support the Peer Support Officer in designing and delivering workshops to prisoners, in a range of key subject areas that increase awareness, knowledge and confidence in employment, housing and money management.
Lancashire & Cumbria
A minimum of half a day per week for at least 6 months
31 January 2019
Transforming Rehabilitation is a service that focuses on providing specialist housing, finance and debt interventions and offering intensive support over the periods of time where risk of offending is at its highest.
By volunteering with the campaigns team you'll be helping to take action against bad housing and homelessness by spreading the word about our campaigns. Shelter won't stop campaigning until there is a home for everyone – that's a big challenge and we can only achieve this by getting a lot of help from a lot of people. Together we can help end the housing and homelessness crisis.
Suggested Involvement: One day per week suggested for a minimum of 6 months, during office hours, Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (this is flexible and would be willing to consider minimum of 3 hours per week)
Please download a role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.