Retail Ebay Volunteer
An exciting volunteer opportunity has become available in our Blackheath Shop. We are now using Ebay to sell a selection of donated goods allowing us to obtain the best price on a selection of items generating an income to support Shelter.
3 days a week for 6 months, but this is flexible
10 August 2018
You would be working alongside our Ebay Support volunteers – researching and identifying items that could be sold on Ebay (picture, posting and managing the Ebay account). Ensuring sold items are packaged nicely and sent promptly to the new owner.
Preferred skills and attributes:
* Experience in using Word, Excel and SharePoint (training can be provided)
* Confident and experienced using Ebay and various social media platforms
* Confident using the phone with a good telephone manner
* Must be a team player
* A positive and enthusiastic attitude
Please see the role profile for more information about this opportunity.
Why get involved with Shelter?
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, help lines, and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and we tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies and practice.
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting and learning about the work of a large National charity
- Developing transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
- Please complete application process and if you’re suitable for the role, we will arrange a brief interview to find out more about you.
- If this role is client facing we are obliged to carry out a CRB check. Further details on this process will be provided to the successful applicant(s).
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of Shelter and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role description does not form part of any contract of employment.