Housing with support

Getting needs assessed

You may need a community care assessment if you're having difficulty managing at home. You can ask your council's social services for help.

Getting adaptations

If you're having difficulties using facilities or getting around your home easily, you could get help with adaptations to make things easier for you.

Financial help with adaptations

If you need to adapt your home because you or somebody in your household is disabled, see what help is available from your council and other agencies.

Housing support

If you need some extra help with everyday activities at home, you may be eligible for housing support from your council or landlord

Rights in supported housing

You have rights if you live in supported accommodation. But your rights will depend on the type of accommodation you live in and the support you receive.

Care in your own home

If living at home is becoming difficult, it may be possible to have care at home and get your house adapted for your needs. See what help is available.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing may be a suitable option for older people who want to continue to live independently. Find out more.

Care homes

When you are ready to consider care outside your home, options can include residential or nursing homes, also known as care homes.