Common problems


Overcrowding is defined by the number of people staying in a room and the amount of space available. Is your home overcrowded?

Damp and mould in rented homes

What you can do about condensation, damp and mould if you are renting a home

Housing help if your home is flooded

If your home has been flooded check what you can do if you become homeless, the benefits available and who is responsible for the flood repairs.

Pests and vermin infestations

Find out if your landlord should deal with a pest and vermin infestation or if it's down to you to deal with the rats, mice, ants...

How to deal with pests and vermin in your home

What you can do to rid your home of mice, rats, dust mites, moths and other common pests