Armed forces and ex-services

Members of the armed forces and ex-forces personnel – advice and information including housing options, housing benefit and special rules for homelessness.

Get emergency help if you're homeless

Get emergency help and advice if you're homeless.

Know your housing rights

Homeless ex-services may qualify for housing as homeless under special rules.

Need help to rent?

There may be a rent deposit, bond or guarantee scheme in your area that can help if you need to rent but can't afford the deposit.

Rent or buy?

Want to rent a home or get on the property ladder? Find out more about your housing options.

Paying for your home

If you're finding it difficult to pay your rent after leaving the armed forces, could you get help with debts?

Get help with housing costs

Can you claim housing benefit to help pay your rent?

  • Print this page
  • Email this page