Challenging a universal credit decision

You can ask for a review of a DWP decision about your universal credit claim if you think the decision is wrong. This is known as a mandatory reconsideration.

You can appeal to an independent tribunal if the DWP don't change their decision.

Last updated: 10 December 2018

If you need to talk to someone, we'll do our best to help

Get help