Your story can help us campaign for change
Experiences like yours raise awareness and give voice to important issues. They could be the evidence we need for our campaigns. Whether you’re homeless, having problems with your landlord, or facing eviction, your story can have a real impact.Share your story
By sharing your experience, you can help:
- Raise awareness of the need for safe, secure and affordable homes. Your story could be the evidence we need to campaign for real change
- Reach more people struggling with bad housing or homelessness. Hearing from you could reassure people in similar situations that they’re not alone, and we’re here to help
- Inspire people to donate, volunteer or take part in a Shelter event. Together, we can make sure families facing homelessness have someone to turn to
Who can share stories?
- You have a success story where we helped you solve an important issue you were dealing with
- You are facing an urgent problem and don’t know what to do. You’re hoping to raise awareness and get our help
Some of the stories we are hoping to share
- People who rent privately, struggling with affordability
- People who rent privately, experiencing disrepair
- People who rent privately, facing eviction
- People who are homeless, particularly in temporary accommodation or bed & breakfasts
- People who have been helped by us in any way, whether it’s face-to-face, or via the helpline/webchat
If you are still feeling unsure whether your story could be helpful, we invite you to submit it. Every story can contribute.