How we can help
We offer a wide range of help and advice on all housing and homelessness issues. We have a team of advisers and solicitors who may be able to help you with your problem – and if we can’t help, we work with other agencies who can.
We have computers and telephones you can use to access the internet for advice, claim benefits, or bid on properties.
We also offer regular advice sessions in other parts of the county other than Manchester - contact us to see if there is one near you.
Find out more information about the services we offer and the Motiv8 Partnership.
- homelessness, or worried you'll soon become homeless
- looking for accommodation
- having problems with your landlord
- being evicted or repossessed
- debt problems
- benefits issues
- problems with disrepair
- need help going to court regarding your housing
Even if your problem isn't listed above we may still be able to help - just give us a call to discuss.
We also offer some specialist projects:
- Inspiring Change Manchester is a support service for people with complex needs
- support service for women leaving HMP Styal to access housing and resettle back into Manchester
- support to access and settle into a home in the private rented sector
- DIY Skills Advice
- support service for rough sleepers
- housing duty scheme at Manchester Court
- support with personal budgeting to Universal Credit claimants in Trafford and Manchester
- through the Motiv8 programme, we deliver housing, benefits and debt advice in Trafford and Tameside
If you think that one of our specialist services may be able to help you, give us a call to discuss in more detail – or drop in and we can check if you are eligible.
Arrange a face to face session
You can call us to make an appointment to see someone, or pop in, and you can have an initial chat with one of our team to see how we can best help you.
We are often very busy and so we may not be able to deal with your query straightaway, but if we need to ask you to come back for an appointment, we will do our best to make sure you get some initial information.
Sometimes we may need you to bring in specific documents but if you call ahead we can explain this before you drop in.
We are a 10-minute walk from Oxford Road or Piccadilly train stations, and a 15-minute walk from Piccadilly bus station. The closest bus stops are on Whitworth Street. We are a 10-minute walk from St Peter's Square tram stop.
We are located on the ground floor with accessible toilets. There is on-street metred parking outside the office, with two hours free parking for blue badge holders. There are pay and display car parks nearby, and an NCP on Whitworth Street.
Areas that we cover
- Greater Manchester
- wheelchair access
- adapted toilets
- computers and phones
- access to interpreters via phone
If you’re in urgent need
We can give emergency advice during opening hours.
If you’re struggling with any other problem, other services and organisations might be able to help.