Our free helpline
Talk to an expert housing adviser about your housing situation.
Our helpline is open every day of the year:
- 8am - 8pm on weekdays
- 9am - 5pm on weekends
Expert housing advice
You should call our helpline if:
- You could not find the information you need in our digital advice articles
- You need to talk to someone but are not at immediate risk
Is it urgent?
If your situation is urgent you could call our emergency helpline.
You should use this line if:
- You have nowhere to sleep, or might be homeless soon
- You have somewhere to sleep, but nowhere to call home
- You are/could be at risk of harm
- You feel very overwhelmed about your housing situation
Our lines do get busy, but you may be able to get emergency support from a housing adviser sooner.
Please use responsibly
We know it can be worrying to have a housing problem, but if you feel you can, please leave the emergency support service for others with more urgent situations.
What to expect
Having relevant documents (tenancy agreements, council letters etc.) to hand will help us deal with your problem. When you do call, we’ll ask you to explain what’s going on – and these documents can help us understand the situation. Having a pen and paper can also be helpful.
If you’re at immediate risk?
Dial 999 for help if you’re at risk of violence. If you’re feeling really low and need to talk, you can call the Samaritans for free on 116 123.