Our free webchat service
Chat to an expert housing adviser online.
Our advisers are available to chat during the hours below:
- 9am - 5pm on weekdays
What to expect
- most chats usually take around 10 minutes, but can be shorter or longer depending on your issue
- please have any relevant paperwork, information or details about your situation to hand
- you can let the adviser know if you'd like us to email a copy of the chat to you
- we are unable to call you back, as we can only provide advice during the chat
- our advisers can help with housing issues in England only. If you’re in Scotland or Wales, you can get advice from Shelter Scotland and Shelter Cymru.
- if you're unable to a chat on Internet Explorer or Edge, please try another browser
Before chatting to us, we recommend trying our housing advice pages to see if you can find the information you are looking for.
Checking adviser availability
If you're in urgent need
If our expert housing advisers are not currently available and you can’t find what you are looking for on our housing advice pages, or if you're struggling with any other problem, other services and support organisations might be able to help.