We rely on people’s personal experiences of homelessness and housing issues to bring these issues to life. They provide evidence for our campaigns and help to raise awareness in the media. They encourage other people going through similar problems to get help from us and make them realise they are not alone. And they also inspire the public to donate to us so that we have the vital funds we need to be able to do our work.
Share your story
Now you're ready to share your story, please fill out this form
Our 'Share your story' form is for people who want to tell us their story, and we are not able to provide housing or homelessness advice and support through this.
Frequently asked questions
We would love to hear from you if:
- we helped you to solve your housing or homelessness issues and you are now settled. This could have been through our helpline, webchat, or face-to-face services
- you are currently struggling with homelessness or housing problems
We particularly hope to share stories of people who are:
- renting privately and struggling with affordability, disrepair issues, or are facing eviction
- homeless and living in temporary accommodation, such as bed and breakfasts
If you are in need of help and advice, please visit our advice pages.
Our ‘Share your story’ form is for people who want to tell us their story, and we are not able to provide homelessness or housing advice and support through this.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to everyone. But, if your story fits with one of our current campaigns, our Stories team will call you for an informal chat. At this stage, we will find out more about your story and how you want to be involved.
We keep all personal data securely and confidentially. If we do use your story, we will only share it with your consent, and we will always contact you first.
We can work out together the best way for your story to be used. We will only ever do what you are comfortable with.
We often use people’s experiences in:
- media (including speaking to journalists, if that’s what you’d like to do)
- fundraising appeals
- social media
- blog posts
Yes. Our Stories team are very experienced - they support people to tell their stores and will work with you at every step of the way.