Posted 20 Nov 2019
Award-winning artist Jorja Smith tops the bill for Shelter’s Christmas music gig
BRIT Award-winning musician Jorja Smith has been announced as the headline act for Shelter’s Christmas music gig this year, which will raise funds for the charity’s urgent festive appeal.
The R&B singer-songwriter, who was named Woman Of The Year at the Harper’s Bazaar awards last month, will top the bill at London’s atmospheric Union Chapel on Monday 9th December, where fans will be treated to a special performance featuring some of her chart-topping hits.
Jorja Smith said: “I’m thrilled to perform at this year's Shelter music gig, at such an iconic and intimate venue, and help raise money that supports the amazing work the charity does fighting homelessness. Everyone should have a safe place to call home and buying a ticket will make a massive difference to people facing homelessness this Christmas.”
Tickets for the night will cost £45 and will be allocated via ballot, which is free to enter by visiting www.musicglue.com/shelter. Every penny raised will go towards Shelter’s work helping people struggling with homelessness and bad housing – as there are currently 320,000 people homeless in Britain.
Polly Neate, Shelter’s chief executive, said: “We’re really grateful that Jorja is giving up her time to help people who won’t have a home this Christmas. The country is in the grips of a housing emergency that is pushing thousands into homelessness and leaving millions on the verge of losing their home. So, money raised from ticket sales will help us provide vital advice and support for people facing the misery of homelessness this festive season.”
Doors will open at 7pm and guest support acts will be revealed on the night. The ticket ballot launches today and is open until 9am on 25 November. Successful applicants will be notified from 1pm on 25 November. Please visit www.musicglue.com/shelter for full terms and conditions.
Notes to Editors
- Tickets will cost £45 and will be allocated via ballot, which is free to enter by visiting https://www.musicglue.com/shelter/
- The ballot is open from Wednesday 20th November at 11am and closes on 25 November at 9am
- Successful applicants will be notified by email from 1pm on 25th November and will be able to purchase a maximum of four tickets.
- Doors on the night will open at 7pm and the event will include two guest support acts
- Venue age restriction mean all U16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- To donate to Shelter’s urgent Christmas appeal please visit www.shelter.org.uk or text SHELTER to 70030 to donate £3. Texts cost your standard network rate + £3. Shelter receives 100% of your donation.
- About Shelter: Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. We campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. For free and independent advice from Shelter visit: https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help