Shelter Thames Valley - Slough
How we can help
We offer a wide range of help and advice on all housing and homelessness issues. We have a team of advisers and solicitors who may be able to help you with your problem – and if we can’t help, we work with other agencies who can.
We have computers and telephones you can use to access the internet for advice, claim benefits, or bid on properties.
- homelessness, or worried you'll soon become homeless
- looking for accommodation
- having problems with your landlord
- being evicted or repossessed
- debt problems
- benefits issues
- problems with disrepair
- need help going to court regarding your housing
Even if your problem isn't listed above we may still be able to help - just give us a call to discuss.
We also offer some specialist projects:
- support to manage your finances through money management skills and training courses
- Access to a range of information and advice for residents about local care and support services through the SPACE consortium
If you think that one of our specialist services may be able to help you, give us a call to discuss in more detail – or drop in and we can check if you are eligible.
Arrange a face-to-face session
You can call us to make an appointment to see someone, or pop in, and you can have an initial chat with one of our team to see how we can best help you.
We are often very busy and so we may not be able to deal with your query straightaway, but if we need to ask you to come back for an appointment, we will do our best to make sure you get some initial information.
Sometimes we may need you to bring in specific documents but if you call ahead we can explain this before you drop in.
Slough train and bus stations are a 10 minutes walk away.
Areas that we cover
- Thames Valley,
- wheelchair access
- adapted toilets
- computers and phones
- Access to interpreters and Language Line.
If you’re in urgent need
We can give emergency advice during opening hours.
If you’re struggling with any other problem, other services and organisations might be able to help.