The DRO Team no longer deals with pre-submission enquiries and as such may direct callers to the Specialist Debt Advice Service.
SDAS are the agreed point of technical advice for DROs and where possible we will provide answers and information to specific queries and possibly make suggestions on how to proceed.
Available resources should be used before approaching the service. Useful resources include:
- Citizens Advice DRO Toolkit contained on Advisernet
- Insolvency Service Intermediary Guidance notes
- Insolvency service newsletters
- Insolvency Service Technical manual chapter 46
- Insolvency Act 1986 Part 7A
- Wiseradviser DRO Toolkit
- CPAG Debt Advice handbook
If you can’t find the answer in resources, contact us.
In some circumstances we can ask the DRO Team for an opinion, however, they will look on a case by case basis on the merits of the case.
Clients should be made aware of the risk of submitting their application and losing the fee if declined.
The SDAS team cannot make decisions on specific questions relating to individual DRO applications as the DRO Team are the only people authorised to do so.